The Canon CN20x50 CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 ultra-telephoto zoom lens provides 4K performance for Super35mm large-format single-sensor cameras and accommodates either broadcast or cinema-style production due to its removable Digital Drive unit. Available in EF- or PL- mount versions, the lens delivering the world’s longest focal length (75-1500mm with its built-in 1.5x extender) and highest (20x) magnification among current super 35mm zoom lenses. The lens is great for sports, nature documentaries, and other types of long-zoom field production, yet it’s easy to carry, has a relatively compact form factor of only 15.9 inches in length, and a weight of just 14.6 lbs. It can be used with major brands of single-sensor Super35mm cameras and conforms to industry-standard camera-to-lens communication protocols including 12-pin serial communication (common to major broadcast camera brands) and Cooke’s /i Technology.
The CN20x50 CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 ultra-telephoto zoom lens allows for the close-up 4K imaging of wildlife subjects while still maintaining the physical distances necessary in such shooting situations. Ruggedly built, its removable Digital Drive unit allows for broadcast-style operation with a convenient zoom/rocker switch, programmable zoom and focus settings, and data connections for use with broadcast-type field/studio zoom and focus servo-demand controls. Removal of the Drive unit enables Cinema-style operation; the lens includes clearly engraved barrel markings, an 11-blade iris to help achieve smooth “bokeh” backgrounds, and compatibility with lens-support rods, matte boxes, and other cinema accessories.
- Ultra Telephoto 50-1000mm (75-1500mm with Built-In 1.5x Extender)
- Amazingly high zoom ratio of 20x
- 4K Optical performance throughout the 20x zoom range or even when the 1.5x extender is used
- Designed for Super35mm large-format single-sensor cameras (Dia. 31.4mm)
- Designed for both cinema style and broadcast applications
- 11-Blade iris for natural out of focus background
- Enhanced servo drive unit with various user setting capabilities
- Slow zoom capability of 180 sec. or quick zoom of 1.5 sec. from wide end to tele end
- Multiple communication capability with compatible cameras
- 16-Bit precise metadata output for virtual studio systems
- High durability and ruggedness