Kinotehnik designs and develops accessories for the new era of content creation.
First mainstream product, LCDVF, was born in 2009 as a response for the HDSLR community looking for affordable, yet top quality LCD viewfinder. After its notable success, we are now venturing further into design and development of photo and video accessories. Soon to be announced products include smart lights, premium quality mic preamps, AV IQ I/O boxes and much more.
Our products are geared towards documentary filmmakers, journalists and small camera crews who all require compact but rugged gear, although the profile of our clients starts from the very beginner DSLR-filming enthusiasts. However, all of them share the same high expectations. Meeting those expectations is both a huge challenge and great fun. This is what keeps us going.
LCDVF is the missing link of the hybrid “photovideography” era. It is an essential accessory that enables today’s photographers to take advantage of the video features of the new generation DSLR cameras like Canon 5D MKIII, Nikon D800 and many others. It’s like viewing a 42″ screen from 140cm (4.6 feet).
LCDVF comes in a number of variations and is compatible with many cameras with 3”, 3.2″ and 3.5″ screens.
LCDVF Viewfinder – Check the right model from here.
- Spontaneously transform your video enabled DSLR into a discreet handheld video camera
- Lets you shoot photos and video in direct sunlight
- Stabilizes camera when shooting video handheld
- Aids on-the-fly focusing
- Allows the use of LCD in bright daylight outdoors
- Magnification of 220% specially tailored to most 3″ LCD screens
- AR coated and optically corrected lens with 40mm clear aperture
- Robust and durable: no moving parts
- Splash and dust proof
- 180 degrees flipping design allows instant left or right eye usage
- Universal magnetic mounting interface allows rapid mounting and demounting without any wear and tear
- Allows the use of battery and wireless grip and all other original accessories
- Flat mounting interface allows easy cleaning of the LCD screen
- At most cases all LCDVFs are usable with prescription ranging from +0.5 to -2
- In addition, all LCDVF models now come with built-in 37mm metal thread that can accommodate diopter correction lenses (to be purchased separately)
- Reposition and shoot in no time: over the crowd, waist level or on your shoulder – no time lost when re-configuring the EVF. Can be fully operated with just one hand – opening the flip, changing battery pack etc.
- Precise image evaluation: Focus assist via color peaking, user adjustable exposure assist zebras, 1:1 pixel zoom feature with positionable recall
- Real-time image processing: virtually no latency
- Hardware supports jitter-free panning
- Optional remote control via external USB joystick (availability TBA)
- On-board interchangeable batteries (4xAA)
- Universal power supply for unmatched powering flexibility from 4V to 17V – reverse polarity protected.
- Economy mode for extended battery life, intelligent sleep option built-in with LED indicator light
- Run time up to 6 hours
- Encased battery compartment to avoid battery drain in extreme cold
- Super crisp 24bit 3” LCD screen with 800×480 resolution (1.2 megapixels)
- Sleek yet rugged physical design and maximized usability after hundreds of hours of testing
- Optical construction offering generous diopter compensation. Vacuum laminated double element achromatic lens, utilizing ULD glass element for perfect image quality
- Separate HDMI transmitter for untouched HDMI loopthrough with audio for recording uncompressed video to external devices. The HDMI transmitter can be switched off for conserving battery power
- Weight 350gr (12.3 oz), including mounting system, excluding batteries